Ph:(204)944-3444

Our History

Winnipeg 1950's provided plenty of opportunities for trades-people in residential home construction. In 1957 Frank Derksen, a young journeymen plumber with an entrepreneurial spirit started out on his own and managed to successfully land profitable opportunities that diversify his portfolio.

Frank's first successful bid for contract work came in 1966 for the first phase of construction of the Courts of St. James in the west-end of Winnipeg. From this point on Derksen Plumbing & Heating entered the world of commercial contracting, and the demands on Frank prompted his brother, Henry, to join the business.

By the early 1970's the Derksen's had followed the housing boom west expanding their business to Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver. When the boom went bust a few years later, they wound up focusing their efforts on the Winnipeg operations.

Frank and Henry both retired in 1984 and Frank’s sons Brian and Kurt, took over the business. Their first major contract was for expansion work at Winnipeg’s International Airport in ’84. A few years later Henry’s son James, joined his cousins as managing partner and in 1990 their spirited collaboration took Derksen Plumbing & Heating 1984 Ltd to the next stage of its development.